Director - EAHFA Horse Sanctuary
We provide permanent sanctuary to equines that are unable to be placed into homes through the equine rescue community due to old age, physical ailments or behavioral issues. Working through established humane organizations, we also assist equines in dire situations and are dedicated to their rehabilitation and lifelong support. We provide a humane safe haven where these animals will no longer face the fear of cruelty, neglect or displacement for the entirety of their lives while receiving the highest standard of care.
We are located on 270 acres in Middleburg, Virginia. We are searching for a Director to oversee our current operations and further develop our strategic plans and standardized business practices. The Director will monitor and improve upon the current budget and establish quarterly goals as well as a five-year plan. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess policies, procedures and protocols for equine care, rescue and rehabilitation.
- Supervise full- and part-time employees dedicated to equine care.
- Oversee medical treatment of equine. Maintain business relationships with vet, farrier, etc and determine potential partnerships with local vet school.
- Research and establish purchasing plan for supplies, feed, materials and equipment.
- Supervise facility management to insure the overall upkeep/repair of existing land and structures.
- Collaborate with Ag Extension Office to develop land-use plan. Coordinate cross-fencing design for group-pasturing and test current soils to determine and improve pasture quality.
- Work with Virginia Outdoors Foundation to insure operational and structural compliance.
- Identify companies to construct and/or modify run-in sheds and equine structures.
Ideally, we are searching for a candidate with at least 5 years of experience in the field of equine management. Previous experience at an equine rescue facility is strongly preferred, but not required. In addition to operational experience and strong horse and farm knowledge, the candidate should have a degree from an accredited university and proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs. Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions. On-site living is required in a shared-housing environment.
|Ad Created: 1/25/2013 •
Last Update: 1/25/2013
This ad has been viewed 1500 times.