Want to learn how to place an ad that gets noticed? Below are some hints and tips to make advertising not only easy, but successful.
Do Your Research – Search for similar items or services and compare and contrast to your own.
- Set a fair price.
- Notice what others are highlighting in their ad.
Write Compelling Descriptions – Words can be powerful. Make them work for your ad.
- Organize your thoughts and be specific, clear and concise in your ad.
- Use all of the available fields (i.e. headline, description and/or short description) as a way to highlight your item or service’s unique selling point. You have seconds to catch a potential buyers attention – don’t fill it with a bunch of generic filler words.
Use Photos – A picture is worth 1,000 words.
- Select hi-quality and clear photos that show what the buyer is looking for. Select a primary photo that best shows what your ad is for.
- Make sure the photos accurately represent the service or item.
- Use photos that show different angles and uses.
Consider Ad Placement – You can have a perfectly crafted ad but if no one sees it, it will never have the opportunity to be useful for you or the potential buyer.
- Top-of-list positioning in search results increases the likelihood of your ad being seen.
- Premier ads increase the exposure your ad has. They are placed in the top of search results and also within basic ads with similar search criteria.
Communication is Key – Make it easy for the customer to contact you and respond quickly when they do. The moment when a person makes contact is when they are the most motivated. As time passes so does their interest.
- Post contact information that is accurate, is easy for you to access and at the same time, protects you. LocalHorse provides an option to keep your email address hidden until you respond.
- Be responsive – don’t wait days before responding to the potential buyer.
And most importantly, be smart about your ad and the information that you are providing. LocalHorse works diligently to protect and keep our community a safe, spam- and scam-free zone. All ads are reviewed and approved to try and prevent scammers and spammers from posting on LocalHorse. Always use caution when including personal information and review our scam alert page for additional red flags.